Anja Jones Translation is a boutique translation company in Cornwall, Southwest England, specialising in website translation, app translation and brand translation in German, French and UK English. We have a team of in-house translators and an international network of freelance translators.
We work closely with Smartling Inc., a NYC-based technology company that provides us with advanced translation management software. Through Smartling, we are privileged to provide German, French and UK English translations for clients such as GoPro, Vimeo, Hootsuite, Vimeo and many more.
On our home turf in Cornwall, Southwest England, we provide translation services for tourism & hospitality businesses as well as for local manufacturers that are looking to export their products.
We are currently on the lookout for a talented project manager with experience in the translation industry for a full-time position in our Newquay office.
- Job title: Project Manager
- Location: Newquay, Cornwall
- Starting salary: Depending on experience
- Start date: 2nd October 2017 (flexible)
- Duration: This is a full time, permanent position and we are looking for someone who would like to commit long-term
- Working hours: 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, including 1 hour lunch break (8am start time preferred but flexible)
- Holidays: 20 days paid holidays per annum + public UK bank holidays
- Sick pay: 6 days paid sick leave per annum
Key Responsibilities include:
As an integral member of the project management team, you will be responsible for managing the workload of some of our in-house staff as well as our freelance suppliers (translators, proofreaders, reviewers, DTP providers, SEO specialists, etc), allocating translation work and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Daily project planning for a large team of translators and proofreaders
- Track projects and ensure client deadlines are met
- Liaise with both translators and clients about questions throughout the translation process – via email, phone and Skype
- Give feedback about translation quality provided by our proofreaders
- Report financial project information to the Accounts department
- Create quotes for translation enquiries
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years experience in a project management role in a translation agency
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new processes and technology
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multilingual office
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects simultaneously
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive approach to project management
- Excellent communication skills and perfect command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Additional language skills beneficial, but not essential
This is a great opportunity to join a highly skilled team in a dynamic and exciting industry where no two days are the same!
If you believe you have the necessary requirements to fit the role and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, quoting reference JOBPM03 in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 21st July 2017