Graduate Junior Translator Scheme
Calling all graduate or soon-to-be graduate translators! Are you coming towards the end of your Translation degree or MA, having thoroughly absorbed Jeremy Munday’s Introduction to Translation Studies? Do you now feel it is time to put what you have learnt into practice as a freelancer? Or perhaps you graduated a little while ago and are looking to widen your experience and enhance your skills?
Here at AJT we love to support recent translation graduates as they embark upon their journey onto the translation market. That’s why we are one of the few translation agencies to offer a Junior Translator Scheme, where we employ recent graduates, with little or no professional translation experience, and give them their first break.
We work closely with them and support them in every aspect of being a professional translator, working on real projects for some of the world’s best known brands. We recognise that, in this industry, gaining translation experience is paramount, and strongly believe that graduate translators should be fairly rewarded and supported in their work from the outset.
What we can offer you as a Graduate Junior Translator at AJT:
- Paid freelance translation work, including a review of your per word rate after 6 months working with us
- The opportunity to translate a variety of texts, from marketing texts, to app translations, to e-commerce and B2B marketing texts
- On-going support and constructive written feedback from a team of experienced translation professionals and editors
- Training on the use of CAT tools, such as Smartling and Memsource, including one-to-one Skype sessions to answer any questions you may have
- The opportunity to work with a company that truly cares about your personal development and growth
How much time would I need to dedicate?
We would initially ask you to translate for us on a weekly basis, as and when jobs that play to your strengths come in. Here at AJT, after training we really like to give regular work to our freelancers.
How and when would I be paid?
We will discuss your per word rate with you, and you would be paid on exactly the same payment terms as our regular translators.
If working with us as a Graduate Junior Translator sounds up your street, we would love to hear from you.
Update 11th September 2018:
We are now accepting new applications for our Junior Graduate Scheme for the following language pairs:
English to German (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) – 5 places– FULL English to French (France, Switzerland) – 5 places –FULL English to Dutch (Netherlands) – 3 places –FULL German to English (UK) – 2 places– FULL French to English (UK) – 1 place– FULL
Find out more on how to apply: Graduate Junior Translator Scheme – Intro Presentation.
If you are interested in a full-time in-house translation position, please check out our jobs page for all our latest openings.