In recent years, Germany has become an increasingly important market for inbound tourism to Cornwall, and in 2016, Engine House Media teamed up with Cornwall Airport Newquay to create a magazine designed to specifically target this growing market. The German version of the popular Cornwall Living magazine is now distributed at all German airports that offer direct flight connections to Newquay.
We were contacted by Engine House Media in late 2017 to see if we’d be interested in translating the editorial content for the second German edition of the Cornwall Living magazine. Naturally, as lovers of all things Cornwall, we were absolutely thrilled to be involved. Here’s the process we followed for this project:
- AJT: Translation by our German in-house translators (qualified translators who are native speakers of German)
- AJT: Proofreading by our German in-house translators (qualified translators who are native speakers of German)
- AJT: Editing check by our senior German translator (checking style, headlines, etc.)
- Engine House Media: Adjusting layout of German translations in Indesign file
- AJT: First round check of print-ready PDF
- Engine House Media: Implementing change requests
- AJT: Second round check to ensure all changes had been implemented correctly
We hugely enjoyed translating the editorial content for Cornwall Living; it’s always a pleasure to translate beautifully written articles especially when they are about an area like Cornwall, which is really close to our hearts. But beyond the magazine translation itself, it was a joy to work with Hannah and her team. It felt like a truly collaborative process, from the setting of realistic delivery milestones to answering any questions we had about the original English content – everything was geared towards the common goal of meeting the crucial print deadline.
Are you interested in translating your editorial content? We’d love to help!